Affordable Truck School and Affordable Industry Training
To all our valued customers,
These are incredibly tough times we are all experiencing. But together we can get through this.
The COVID-19 novel coronavirus is a new strain of coronavirus affecting humans.
Some coronaviruses can cause illness similar to the common cold and others can cause more serious diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). This novel coronavirus (Covid-19) is still new and as such we are still learning more about it.
Signs and Symptoms:
Symptoms reported in identified cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus include:
- A Cough
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If you experience any symptoms such as those noted above, you will not be allowed to start your truck lesson or any other course. The same applies if you have returned from overseas in last 14 days or have been in contact with someone that is confirmed to have covid-19.
You must answer the above questions honestly when you are asked during the booking process. Or inform ATS at least the day before a lesson if you have any symptoms.
For all MR-HC students: As of 03/04/2020
Lessons are still running.
But unfortunately TMR have now postponed all truck tests for 3 months.
This is a message from the Dept of transport:
In order to protect the health and wellbeing of the community during COVID-19, all practical driving tests will be cancelled for three months from Saturday, 28 March 2020. This change in service delivery is in line with Queensland Health guidelines and advice. If you already had a driving test booked, you’ll receive an email or SMS to tell you the test has been cancelled.
We apologise for any inconvenience as Queensland responds to this unprecedented pandemic event.
To Make Your Booking
You may ring us and be placed on the waiting list for lessons and tests. We will require your details and a 50% deposit to secure your place. This will ensure that when TMR release new test dates, you will be contacted first.
MC Course: TLIC4006: Drive Multi-combination vehicle.
Mc course are still being conducted, one on one. All safety and hygiene procedures are in place.
We are taking directives from QLD health each day.
We have stricter hygiene measures in place and observing social distancing rules.
We are adapting daily and taking all necessary steps to ensure full compliance with all directives taken from Qld health and Dept of Education.
Stricter hygiene measures have been implemented to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Please observe these conditions:
- No handshaking (we always value a handshake but no contact at the moment)
- Keeping 1.5mtrs away from each other
- If you have any of the Covid-19 symptoms you must not attend our site
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into the inside of your elbow or an appropriate tissue
ATS HYGIENE PROTOCOL
- At the end of each truck lesson, all instructors will disinfect the inside of the truck using disinfectant wipes and sprays. All parts of the truck to be thoroughly wiped down including steering wheel, door handles, gear stick and dashboard.
- All classroom areas will be wiped down constantly throughout the day.
- All students will be offered hand sanitiser before each lesson or class. All students will be expected to wash their hands prior to class starting and to also use the sanitiser frequently.
- Deep cleans on all classrooms once a week.
- Frequent Hand washing of all staff and visitors.
- If Covid-19 has been confirmed with any student or staff member, all lessons/classes will cease and a thorough deep clean of training site will be carried out using the appropriate sanitising products and process.
This document will be updated as required in accordance with the changing situation and any updated recommendations or requirements.
We are all in this together and with even stricter measures in place, we can control the spread of Corona Virus and keep everyone safe.
A sincere thank you from all the staff and all our other students for your help to stop the spread of Covid-19.